This awesome quinoa salad is a great lunch to bring to work as no heating up is required. It is filling, satisfying and super easy to make. This recipe is completely gluten, dairy and sugar free, which makes it even better for us sensitive people. This salad can be made ahead of time and should be good in the fridge for about 2-3 days. Let’s get started!
Quinoa Salad great lunch:
- ½ onion diced
- 1 cup of quinoa very well rinsed and drained
- heat up about 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- add the onion and some minced garlic, sauté for about two minutes add the quinoa
- add the 2 cups of either bone broth, chicken broth or vegetable broth and simmer accordingly to directions or 15-20 min., or until all water is absorbed.
In the meantime, prepare:
- 1 pepper diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 small can of organic black beans rinsed
- ½ bunch of organic cilantro, chopped fine
- If you like u can dice some leftover hormone free no antibiotic chicken or grass-fed steak as well
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- Little less then ¼ cup of organic olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper + paprika to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 cup of water
Mix very well with wisk or shake very well in bottle
Pour over salad, mix well and enjoy!
You can serve this salad as is or top with avocado or guacamole.
P.S make sure to let quinoa cool down enough so veggies don’t get all soggy.
Pair this salad with an apple for dessert and your lunch taste buds should be dancing.